Here’s another throw back post from my previous Foodie blog…Enjoy!
Today we start the day with Homemade Pancakes and sausage links (I cheated a little on those- just had to cook them) – yum! I had my kitchen assistant in tow too! This is a batter I’ve made several times before – for about two years probably now but it’s so simple to make and typically I have all the ingredients on hand that I had to share! It’s less expensive than buying the pre-made mix and almost just as easy to make than the mix up pancake batters.
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and pour in milk, egg, and butter.
- Mix until smooth.
- Cook in lightly oiled pan or griddle over medium heat until lightly browned.
Pretty easy, huh? Takes me about 5 minutes to make up the batter and then cooking time.
He’s such a cutie…growing up though! Can’t believe how fast time flies, my kiddo turned 11 this past January, before I know it he’ll be all grown up and out on his own doing his own thing. Just reminds you how fast time can go by and how important it is to cherish every moment!