Excited to be starting my ‘Power Foods’ Series!
The first fish I ate… Salmon…considered a brain food (oh that’s why I’m so smart!)
- Is a great source of high-quality protein
- Contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids which have been proven to protect heart health, lower risk for stroke, improve blood lipid patterns and blood vessel function, and help reduce symptoms of immune and inflammatory disorders
- High in Vitamins A, B, B6, D, and Vitamin E (which is a powerful antioxidant)
- Also contains Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, and Phosphorus
Check out my Low Cal, Healthy but still Tasty Salmon Recipe
* Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a medical professional. These are healthy suggestions based solely on personal experiences, personal opinions, and light research.