The start of the day is the moment when we stage how our day is going to roll out. We can decide in those moments if we are going to make it a good day. Set yourself up for success by practicing self-care rituals to strengthen yourself for anything the day may bring.
- Before you get out of bed, take three deep breaths. Clear your mind of any lingering thoughts before getting up. My rule is that I do not get up until I have breathed and let go and cleared my mind. I tell myself that I refuse to take negativity into my new day.
- Get out of bed and stretch. Stand tall and reach up high, elongating your body as much as you can. Reach back and pull your body into an arch, then lean forward and touch the floor. Or do a Morning Yoga Routine – https://yogainternational.com/article/view/graceful-morning-flow
- Make your bed. Tidy up your room. Create a clean area for a clean mind, an open mind.
- Make a cup of tea. Tea has been proven to be calming and cleansing. Creating a calm atmosphere prepares you for a calm day.
- Review your planner. See what is on your agenda for the day, create your thoughts around planning for an efficient and productive day.
- Read an affirmation or a Mantra. Read it aloud to yourself, write it down. Here are some I use for my Self-Care:
- “May my heart be brave, my mind fierce, and my spirit free.”
- “My soul is ready to live the life of my dreams.” ~ Sarah Prout
- “Special things are about to happen for me and I am ready to allow it.”
- “I am focused and persistent. I will never quit.”
- “When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.” ~ Wayne Dyer
- Be still and just listen. After reading your mantra, take a moment to process it. Listen to the sounds around you, whether it is rain falling, birds singing, or cars bustling by on a busy street, just listen, find peace in the morning sounds.
- Write down three things you are grateful for. Write them in your planner so that you can be reminded of them throughout the day.
- Give your pup or your kitty a hug. Or child, or parent, or significant other, or your best friend… Feel the unconditional love they have for you fill you. Let that unconditional love stay with you all day. When you become frustrated, think of them.
- Before you walk out the door, say to yourself, “I’ve got this. I will make today amazing. No matter what today brings, I can handle it.” Say this as many times as you need to today because you do have this. You are strong enough to handle anything, you just have to believe it.
So go out into the world today and have a wonderful day, not because of what happens to you, but because you choose to.