How to stay pumped all through your work day:
Woohoo, rocked the morning! The mid-day mark has arrived, the work day is half over…this is usually where I start wearing down…don’t rush through lunch to barely slide through the afternoon. Keep your productivity up and stay feeling good through the whole day with these simple Self-Care routines during your lunch break.
1. Eat a healthy lunch – choose foods that are energizing. Lay off the heavy carbs that can make you tired.
2. Take a walk – get moving. If you can’t go outside, take a walk around the office.
3. Eat your lunch away from the computer – go to the break room, go out to restaurant, sit at a picnic table – separate your lunch from your work.
4. Drink water – staying hydrated will help keep you energized.
5. Meditate for 5 minutes – (or longer) – clear your mind so that you are level and prepared to manage the second half of your day.
6. Listen to an inspirational podcast or read – escape and re-motivate yourself.
7. Text a loved one – connect, communicate – bring the love into your day.
8. Check your to-do list, cross off what you’ve accomplished – this does two things: it reaffirms you of what you have completed already for the day and it mentally prepares you to plan for what still needs to be completed.
9. Watch a funny or cute cat (or dog or bird…) video – let go, laugh, de-stress.
10. Chat casually with a co-worker – but not about work! – the purpose of this is human connection, to relax, not to stress about the day…or vent to a friend if you really need to, get it off your chest so you can move on with your day.
The goal is to come back from your lunch break feeling refreshed and re-energized so you can rock your afternoon too!
Need some more inspiration? Check out these reads: