We’ve all been there, as an artist, as a writer, as a blogger…creative block sometimes gets us. I get it at least once every few months. I know there’s awesome things there waiting to burst out but I can’t get the door to open. So I kick into gear on busting down that wall and getting those creative juices flowing again!
1. Read – Dive into a fantasy novel, drift off into a good story.
2. Revisit your work – Look at old paintings, read old blog posts, review & edit the novel you’ve been working on.
4. Visit an art gallery or museum.
5. Take a nap – Dreams can be wonderful inspiration.
6. Get outside – Explore & surround yourself with nature.
7. Take a Class.
8. Listen to music.
9. Have a spa day – Sometimes you just need to relax & take the pressure off.
10. Research something unusual – There’s all kinds of crazy topics out there that can spark something in your mind.
11. Spend time with friends.
12. Scope out Instagram & Pinterest for ideas.
13. Cook – Try a new recipe or get cozy with a family classic.
14. Participate in a sketch or photo challenge.
15. Travel – Take a mini vacation or go for a day trip.
16. Just scribble or splat some paint on the paper – Let the chaos of the mess lead your artistic ways.
17. Drink some wine – Not something to overdo but a couple of glasses of wine can help you let your barriers down.
18. Pick a word & journal about it – What does that word mean to you? How does it inspire you?
19. Exercise – Go to a Yoga class, go for a run, get your Zumba on.
20. Clean & reorganize your space.