One of my favorite recipes from my Grandmother’s Recipe Box is her classic shortcake recipe. I love this with milk and strawberries over it! This dish always brings me warmth and joy.
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease a 8″ baking pan.
2. In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. With pastry cutter, cut in shortening with dry ingredients.
4. Stir in milk until well blended.
5. Spread dough into (should be thicker and slightly sticky dough) greased pan.
6. Bake until medium brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Serve warm and top with fruit or pour milk over.