We all know the “I’m borrrrrreeeedddd” whines from the kiddos we get once school lets out. Here’s five super easy to pull together crafts to jump into.
1. Make a sun-melted crayon candle. – I did this one a couple weekends ago with my son. (You can check out my day here – A Day In My Life: Weekend Bliss & Tasks). Fill a jar, we used a vintage looking mason jar, with unwrapped crayons and add a wick. Set in the sun to melt.
2. Paint Pet Monster Rocks. – Collect some smooth rocks and paint in bright colors. Glue on googly eyes and paint on a mouth (and teeth if you desire!).
3. Feed the Birds. – Punch a hole in the end of an empty toilet paper roll and string through yarn, tying to make a loop. Cover the empty toilet paper roll in peanut butter and roll in birdseed. Hang from tree branches so the birds can feast!
4. Let go with Squirt Gun Painting. Place watercolor paper on the ground or pin to easels outside. Fill water guns with watercolor paints (mix with water). Squirt the paints onto the paper to create fun blasts of color.
5. Make Crazy Crayons. Unpeel the wrappers off the crayons and break into pieces. Fill small cake pans with broken crayons. Mix different colored crayons in the same tin to create fun colors. Place in oven at 150 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until melted. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, remove from pans.