There’s something so healing and soothing about being surrounded by nature.
Today I got to head out on a hike for a work event…sometimes my job can be so fun! We headed up to Chickies Rock in Columbia. A nice walk through the woods, down the path to a beautiful overlook above the Susquehanna River. We were in the perfect moment of the day between rain and the leaves had just fallen coating the ground with oranges, greens, and reds. There was a group of about eight of us, some of us meeting for the first time. The diversity of conversation as we stood at the overlook and peered at the river rocks was great, filled with chats about movies to kids to more hiking stories.
Prepare for your week by doing something relaxing, enlightening and releasing on Sunday.
Sundays are my favorite day of the week. They’re my day to recharge and prepare for the week.
My #SelfCareSunday Routine:
- Go for a hike, do yoga in the park, go for a walk in your neighborhood – Get outside and breathe.
- Laundry day.
- Facial – a quick at home treatment to refresh for the upcoming week. My favorite right now is Triple Threat Detox Mask from Kalos. I received it in my Summer CauseBox this year and it is amazing!
- Paint your nails.
- Review your planner and schedule – this helps me prep for the week. I also plan out my exercise routine and blogging schedule for the week.
- Journal or Art Journal – this is a great way to release stress, thoughts and emotions from the previous week so you can start a new week with a clear mind.
- Pick up clutter and clean up the kitchen – this makes such a difference for me on a Monday morning.
- Call your Mom (or a friend) – I love a good chat with my mom. It’s a great way to go through all the “adventures” from the previous week.
- Netflix and Chill – I won’t lie, I totally spend part of my day Netflix binging and it chills me out for the upcoming week. My current obsession is Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce.
- Have a cup of hot tea – I end every night with a cup of tea…okay actually I drink tea all the time but I always have one in the evening while I’m winding down.
Sundays are a great day for a little pampering, a lot of self care and some self love to prepare yourself for the upcoming week. Make sure to make a little time for you!