I am totally that girl that has all kinds of yummy, exotic fruit on her desk…the strange to some folks…kumquats, lychees, and one of my favorites – Rambutans!
Rambutans are those spiky red funny looking fruit that you may see popping up time to time. They are native to the Malay-Indonesian region and some other regions of tropical Southeast Asia. Packed with sweetness and lots of nutrients, these make a fantastic power snack!
- They’re high in fiber.
- Packed with vitamin C.
- Good source of Copper which is necessary for the production of white and red blood cells.
- They contain a high amount of antioxidants.
- Good source of phosphorus which helps remove the waste in kidneys.
- They contain gallic acid which eliminates free radicals and helps prevent and fight cancer.
- They are a great energy booster.
- They are rich in water content so they are very hydrating and are good for your skin.
- Good source of iron.
- They also have antiseptic properties which helps the body fight off infections.