I am totally that girl that has all kinds of yummy, exotic fruit on her desk…the strange to some folks…kumquats, lychees, and one of my favorites – Rambutans!
Rambutans are those spiky red fruit that you may see popping up time to time. They are native to the Malay-Indonesian region and some other regions of tropical Southeast Asia. Packed with sweetness and lots of nutrients, these make a fantastic power snack!
I was super excited when they arrived in my SuperFood Box last week…fresh and ready to eat. Usually their a bright, vibrant red but they had faded a little in their travels but still wonderfully delicious when I cracked them open. Though they look a bit intimidating, they are an easy fruit to pop open. Just press on the seam and pull the spiky exterior off. The fruit encases a pod – I just oddly munch the juicy fruit off of the pod (Yup I’m that girl).
10 Amazing Health Benefits of the Rambutan
- They’re high in fiber.
- Packed with vitamin C.
- Good source of Copper which is necessary for the production of white and red blood cells.
- They contain a high amount of antioxidants.
- Good source of phosphorus which helps remove the waste in kidneys.
- They contain gallic acid which eliminates free radicals and helps prevent and fight cancer.
- They are a great energy booster.
- They are rich in water content so they are very hydrating and are good for your skin.
- Good source of iron.
- They also have antiseptic properties which helps the body fight off infections.
Stay tuned this week for my full review of my Superfood No Worries Box!