Self-care can slide when life gets crazy, especially during the busy holiday season. Here are some reminders to keep during this hectic time of year to ensure you are still giving yourself the care you need.
- Schedule down time for yourself. – Add some “me” time to your calendar to make sure you are getting the time you need to recharge. Set aside time to journal or to take a hot bath to unwind from a busy day.
- Balance your diet. – The sugary sweets are all around you this time of year. Staying on track doesn’t mean you can’t indulge a little but make sure to keep it balanced. Pick your favorites and keep the portions in control.
- Get enough sleep. – Make sure you are getting to bed at a decent time every night so you can ensure your getting enough rest to keep up with everything going on this time of year. Set an alarm to remind yourself to get ready for bed.
- Stick to your budget. – I always find this time of year the easiest time for me to slip with over-spending. With so many great gift ideas out there and lots of holiday outings it’s very easy to slide off plan. Set spending limits for yourself and stick to them, otherwise you may feel the consequences come the New Year.
- Keep exercising. – I know it gets tough to keep up going to the gym during this time of year so I find it helpful to add some at home workouts into my schedule.
- Set boundaries. – Don’t take on more than your schedule can hold or than you can handle. Don’t be afraid to say no when it becomes too much.