How do you feel about rainy days? Do you find yourself feeling slumped? Do you put your activities on hold, stuck in a spiral of bummed out feelings?
Rainy days don’t have to be bummed out days. You can embrace them, take comfort in the solitude and tranquility they can bring to you.
I love a good rainy day. A chance to slow down my routine a bit. To take advantage of the drops hitting the ground, reminding me to be mindful of what is brought to me in my life. I perceive rain as an opportunity for cleansing. As the rain washes the dirt from the road, I can take the day to refresh my soul and my mind.
- Catch up on laundry – this is such a great day to get caught up on some of your home chores. You’re stuck in the house and have the opportunity to check some things off your to-do list for some peace of mind. Take advantage!
- Curl up and read a book.
- Stay in your pajamas and have a movie-thon or get a good day of Netflix binging in of your favorite show.
- Paint a portrait.
- Do an art & craft or a DIY project that you’ve been wanting to try.
- Clean up your computer files.
- Research and plan your next vacation – lift your spirits by thinking of how you’ll be enjoying the sunshine when it returns!
- Cook and prep your meals for the week.
- Have an at home spa day – take a long bubble bath, give yourself a facial, deep condition your hair, paint your nails.
- Have a game night.
- Spend some time on self-development – join an online development workshop, take an online course, journal.
- Meditate or do an at-home Yoga Practice.