Today is race day! Woot! Woot! There’s such a difference between being in a live race verses training on the treadmill or even running outside solo. It’s invigorating. It’s waiting at the starting line anxiously to be let free! With all that said I totally get nervous before every race but let’s be real, what reasons do I really have to be nervous?
- Nobody else is paying attention to you. They’re all focused on their own running.
- Everyone else is pumped up too. We’re all there for the same main reason (to run! and many times for charity). Soak up that energy from around you!
- You really probably are not going to fall…and if you do, heck you have a story to tell now.
- Everyone is going to be sweaty and stinky during and after the race…we all look like hell. We just ran in the blazing sun.
- Pride. The pride and the sense of accomplishment you have after you get to the finish line…it’s so worth it, every time.
Not up for a live race yet? No worries, check out some of my favorite spots to sign up for virtual races. Virtual races can be done solo, on your own time, and anywhere – Like on a treadmill at the gym when there’s snow on the ground or throw one in on your training schedule to keep it fun.