I mentioned it in a post last week – how much I love February – because it’s #LoveBlog season – well it’s also #SelfLoveFebruary for my tribe!!! And to give it a little boost I’m kicking my butt into gear with a Healthy Habits Challenge tomorrow. Wanna join?
How to Challenge Yourself to Take Better Care of Yourself
Step 1 – Pick your healthy habits.
I’m picking five daily habits to tackle this month:
- Drink at least one 33.8 oz bottle of Smart Water. This gives me a measurable step to start with. Next month, I’ll up it up to two bottles.
- Get some exercise everyday. I’m going to be doing this by completing a mini routine every day that includes crunches, push-ups and squats.
- Meditate daily. Even if it’s just 5 minutes at the beginning of my days, it’s to get me back into routine.
- Journal. This will be a great way to unwind at the end of my day and clear my mind so I can have more restful sleep.
- Wash my face at night. I always struggle with this one. I’m keeping it simple by stocking up on make up remover facial cloths so I can create a quick and easy routine.
Step 2 – Set up a way to track your habits.
Add them to your planner and cross them off when you complete them or pick up your free Healthy Habits & Routines Tracker. It’s important to have a place to set up some organization as you build these into every day routines. I find having something I have to check off works best for me.
Step 3 – Plan a little reward for yourself for the end of the month when you hit your goal!
Maybe it’s a special evening out or maybe it’s a new outfit. Give yourself something fun and delightful to help keep you motivated to making these habits these regular routines. Post a note to yourself with the reward that awaits you – and add a few words that represent how you’re going to feel when you hit your goal too!
10 of My Favorite Self-Care Posts to Help You Give Yourself Even More Love this Month
- 14 “Me” Dates for Valentine’s Day
- End of Daze
- 10 Ways that Positive Thinking Helps Us Thrive
- The Art of Dating Yourself
- 5 Steps to Align Yourself with Your Core Values
- Life Changing Books You Need to Read in 2019
- 10 Journal Prompts To Get To The Root Of Your Anxiety
- How to Radiate Happiness & Positivity in Your Life
- 12 Cheap and Easy Self-Care Ideas That Feel Luxurious
- How to Stop Letting Guilt Control Your Life