I can’t express in enough words how much this nomination means to me and how grateful I am. Thank you Zuri so much for this!!!
The last several years have held a lot of ups and downs for me. I’ve had wonderful opportunities and I’ve had heartache. I’ve had tremendous amounts of joy and I’ve also been in dark places with sadness. But the one thing I never let go of is my perseverance. This is what kept me alive. This is what kept me going. It was in holding onto the undeniable belief that there was still light even on the days I couldn’t see it that got me to where I am today.
Seven Things You May Not Have Known About Me
- I grew up as an only child with 13 Siberian Huskies. Yes, sometimes I bark or growl.
- My favorite essential oils are Frankincense, Lemongrass and Cedarwood.
- Even though I can come across girly sometimes, I’m actually a total tomboy. I love being “one of the guys”.
- When I die, I want to be buried as a weeping willow tree. There’s these pod things you can get put into where you fertilize the tree. Sounds kind of morbid talking about death at first but come on, this is seriously a beautiful request.
- My family is full of folks determined to survive medical wonders despite all odds. Two examples – when my mom was a baby she had a rare skin disease that no baby had ever survived. My mom was the first (This story is amazing. The dedication my grandparents had, wow. If you have time ask me about it sometime). She’s mentioned in some medical journal somewhere. My dad had a brain tumor on his brain stem. First surgery performed ever to remove it. He survived. He went back to work even.
- I own three blogs. This baby, which is my motivational lifestyle blog. A blogging and entrepreneurship blog www.blogfivebiz.com. And www.goinghygge.com, which is my fun place to share chatter of my journey to a more hygge filled life.
- I still am not quite sure what I want to be when I grow up. Can I be something different every day? That sounds fun!
The Versatile Blogger Award is the strong reminder I needed to reinforce why I held on and why I kept plugging along working towards my dreams.
I cannot stress enough my gratitude to Zuri for this nomination. Zuri writes for her blog www.absolutelytrueconfessions.com with solid expression of emotion in her thoughts providing a truly great inspiration for all of us.
This award is a peer-nominated recognition of a blogger that has shown an immense amount of dedication to their blogs and to providing quality content to their audience. It is designed for bloggers full of passion and a love for what they do. For bloggers that never give up no matter what challenges and obstacles pop up.
My Nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award
Charlene at enduringallthings.com
Sara from mrsimperfect.com
Nikki from lovemetreatme.net
Alexandra at alexaceza.com
Brita from bellebrita.com
Lifestyle Blogger Mianna Korben
Charlotte on charlotteunderwoodauthor.com
Julie at hellopeacefulmind.com
Ashley from sugisays.com
Tatiana at brighterpathcounseling.com
Alessia from theblondpond.com
Jasmine on lovelifelaughmotherhood.com
Sarah from nderisarah.com
Beth on MissAnxiety
And this beautiful Aussie student -> livethefrugallife.com
Okay so now that you’ve been nominated, here’s the rules. (Darn us bloggers with our rules!)
- Write up a blog post. (Doesn’t have to be in the same format as mine though).
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Share a link back to their blog.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers and include their blog urls in your post.