I kicked off my morning with some strength training and a good heart to heart about nutrition with my trainer. I needed to get real about my challenges and why I’m feeling stuck. I am feeling stuck because I’m getting in my own way but I needed to be real too – what are the realistic solutions to my challenges, my roadblocks?
- I’m not eating enough clean and nutrient packed calories. I’m not getting enough protein.
- I am not eating breakfast.
- I’m not drinking enough water.
- I’m strength training but I’ve been slacking on cardio.
- I wasn’t clear about what my daily caloric intake should be.
- I’m not eating a lot of junk food.
- I’m doing something active every day even if it’s just crunches in the evening.
- I’m going to personal training for strength training weekly.
- I’ve cut back on sugar in my tea.
- I’m getting better sleep.
- Add cardio to my week, at least 3 times. – Get up and go for a walk/run in the mornings before work.
- Start drinking water right after my morning cup of coffee – replace some cups of tea with water – continue to drink it through the day by always having a bottle of water with me.
- Track my food in my Fitbit app – focus on getting set amount of calories that my trainer set for me each day – more nutrient dense foods. If I plan ahead I’ll be able to manage this better.
- Have a protein shake or protein/granola bar in the morning. – I’m not a big eater in the morning so choosing light foods but protein packed I think will be key for me here.
- Plan out a more balanced exercise routine for the week that includes yoga, upper body workouts and cardio in addition to my personal training appointments.
My biggest roadblock right now is time. I feel like I never have enough time to get it all in one day but with some planning ahead, boundaries and time management I can tackle this!