Sometimes I need a little help getting motivated, a little kick in the butt to get back to tasks. I have found TED Talks to be extremely inspiring and motivating. They speak truth, they speak action, they speak change. A key way to keep motivated to work towards your goals is to surround yourself with motivation and positive thoughts of change.
- Surround yourself with positive, motivated people.
- Post motivational quotes at your desk, in your planner, and in your room.
- Read an affirmation every morning.
- Listen to music while you work or clean.
- Read motivational books and listen to motivational podcasts.
My Top TED Talks for when I Need Motivation
- The Art of Being Yourself by Caroline McHugh
- How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over by Mel Robbins
- The Power of Vulnerability by Brene’ Brown
- The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong by Amy Morin
- Your Elusive Creative Genius by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Lessons from the Mental Hospital by Glennon Doyle Melton
- Listening to Shame by Brene’ Brown
- The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain
Do you ever have those days where you just can’t seem to get motivated? That was me today. Maybe it was the rainy weather or the becoming calmness of finally shortening my to-do list but the drive just wasn’t there. I managed to get my blog post socialized (thank goodness I wrote it last night!), I forced myself to shower and to do my daily exercises and I started with the most tedious task from my to-do list for the office, Facebook Posts. And let’s just say thank you for the frozen potato skins in the freezer or I might not have eaten today (yeah that unmotivated!)
Have faith that you can rock your day still!
So I had to push myself a little and I did that by starting with the simple (even though tedious) task to get my groove going. Wrapping up the day I am happy to say that I got through it and with a bit of a list completed too!
- Finished my laundry
- Set up Google AdSense on my site
- Knocked off about six things on my to-do list for the office
- Plumber came and fixed our gurgling drains (hopefully no more plumbing issues this year!)
- Socialized my #LoveBlog post like crazy
- Jumped into some Facebook Group participation posts
- Did a quick wipe down of my bathroom
- Went to my son’s basketball game
- Wrote and scheduled my blog posts for the rest of the week
- And scheduled the socialization for my posts for the rest of the week
Not too shabby for an unmotivated day! Push yourself to get moving and then be satisfied, an accomplishment is an accomplishment, no matter how big or small.