Last night’s dinner was one of my favorites, butternut squash with brown sugar and butter, just like my Grandmother used to make it. A great nutrient packed pick perfect for the season.
1. Low in calories, fat, and carbs.
2. High in potassium which helps decrease blood pressure.
3. High in fiber.
4. Packed with Vitamin C for healthy, glowing skin and improved immune system.
5. High in Vitamin A which is important for good eyesight.
6. Contains manganese which helps maintain healthy bones.
7. High in antioxidants which helps reduce inflammation.
Give these healthy recipes a try:
Easy Garlic Herb Butternut Squash
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans & Cranberries
Butternut Squash Apple Soup
* Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a medical professional. These are healthy suggestions based solely on personal experiences, personal opinions, and light research.