We all know the “I’m borrrrrreeeedddd” whines from the kiddos we get once school lets out. Here’s five super easy to pull together crafts to jump into.
1. Make a sun-melted crayon candle. – I did this one a couple weekends ago with my son. (You can check out my day here – A Day In My Life: Weekend Bliss & Tasks). Fill a jar, we used a vintage looking mason jar, with unwrapped crayons and add a wick. Set in the sun to melt.
2. Paint Pet Monster Rocks. – Collect some smooth rocks and paint in bright colors. Glue on googly eyes and paint on a mouth (and teeth if you desire!).
3. Feed the Birds. – Punch a hole in the end of an empty toilet paper roll and string through yarn, tying to make a loop. Cover the empty toilet paper roll in peanut butter and roll in birdseed. Hang from tree branches so the birds can feast!
4. Let go with Squirt Gun Painting. Place watercolor paper on the ground or pin to easels outside. Fill water guns with watercolor paints (mix with water). Squirt the paints onto the paper to create fun blasts of color.
5. Make Crazy Crayons. Unpeel the wrappers off the crayons and break into pieces. Fill small cake pans with broken crayons. Mix different colored crayons in the same tin to create fun colors. Place in oven at 150 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until melted. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, remove from pans.
Okay let’s see what you ideas you have! Link up your crafts and projects below:
Let’s get some arts and craft inspiration going this week! I love jumping into new projects during the warm weather seasons. Summer makes me think bright, beautiful colors and lots of happy projects! I put together 10 projects I hope to tackle this year that I wanted to share with all of you too! You can check out more great craft ideas on my Pinterest Board: ‘Feeling Crafty’
Pinterest Round-Up: 10 Arts & Crafts To Try This Summer:
Sugar Scrub Sand Art from Sugar and Cloth – Sugar scrub that looks good sitting on your shelf. I love this idea so much! Work on getting smooth, beach bound ready skin with this darling sugar scrub. Makes an excellent DIY Gift too!
Hand Painted Pillows from Mandy Pellegrin – I absolutely adore how bright and colorful these pillows are! With some simple brushstrokes and dotting and some basic sewing you can make some adorable new additions to spruce up your sofa.
Watermelon Serving Tray from Oh So Beautiful Paper – Bring the fun to the party with this serving tray! This is an easy and quick project will have you picnic and party ready in no time.
DIY Inspiration Smashbook from Dawn Nicole Designs – With all the racing ideas I always have going on in my mind, especially with preparing to soon launch an online boutique, what an awesome craft to take on to create a place to put all these great ideas! Personalize this smashbook with your favorite colors and your favorite quote and then get smashing!