Sundays are my favorite day of the week! Maybe it’s because I’m a power planner and I look forward to prepping for the week ahead. Or maybe it’s because I always squeeze a little lazy time into my Sundays to chill and refresh for the busy week I know is coming. Or maybe there’s just something sanctimonious about a Sunday to me. I think it’s a little bit of all of the above. Sundays always feel a bit new to me, like I’m kicking off a new project or starting a new adventure, there’s just something invigorating about it for me.
- I clean up my home. I wash the dishes and put them away. I clean my bathroom and I pick up my bedroom. I always find I feel better throughout the week being able to get ready in a clean area and starting my week off with the house looking fresh and tidy.
- I finish the laundry and put away my clothes. Making sure my clothes are clean and I have what I need for the week always helps me feel more sane and helps me stay pulled together even when the week gets busy and hectic.
- I review my planner and schedule for the week making sure I don’t have any surprises ahead in the week. Knowing what you have coming in the week helps give you a stronger mindset to manage your days.
- I spend some time with my blog. I review my blog editorial calendar and plan out some time throughout the week to write accordingly. I build and schedule out my social media posts for the week. I stumble my recent posts. I build at least the outline draft for my weekly email. This way I have a good structure for the week and can time block some evenings for writing.
- I plan my meals for the week. This keeps me on plan with my healthy eating and I can make sure I have what I need for lunches and dinners before the week starts.
- I plan out my outfit for Monday morning, or at least get some ideas of what I want to wear. This takes out some of the hustle on a Monday morning.
- I take a quick go-through of my work emails. My inbox always seems to fill up over the weekend so I find my Monday mornings are a bit more relaxing if I can clear out the junk mail and organize the others into their correct files and flag priority emails to find easily come the morning.
- I indulge in a facial treatment. Sundays are a good day for me to get in a little extra skin care. I apply a detoxing facial mask and then follow up with an organic facial oil. I find it relaxing and I love feeling a little extra pampered.
- I Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill. I always make it a point to get a little lazy time in on my Sundays. This is important to me because I don’t get much down time during the week. I’m currently powering through a show on Amazon called ‘Humans’.
- I spend some time sketching or painting. I am a huge advocate of art therapy. I always find it a wonderful way for me to release some built up stress or frustration. It helps me relax and recharge before the week starts.
Maybe this seems like a little bit of a busy day to some but for me this is my day, my time. Getting myself organized and balanced out helps me have a better week. It helps me feel prepared and gives me peace of mind. What routines do you have on Sundays to prepare for your week?