I know we all love our facial masks and bubble baths…and we love curling up with a great book or buying ourselves little gifts and treats time to time. And though, those are important for us and our self -care (because you should totally be giving yourself some extra love and spoiling yourself sometimes) – there is much more to making sure you are taking good care of yourself.
There are things we need to be doing that aren’t as warm and fuzzy. The things that keep our minds, hearts, and souls healthy. And that means some of the tougher things we have to do for ourselves. As a result, you’ll be stronger, more confident and happier. Which equals better wellness for you all around, in all areas of your life.
10 Things You Need to Be Doing For Yourself
- Know your boundaries. Respect them. Stick to your limits.
- Take care of your health. Feed it healthy foods, drink water, be active.
- Eliminate toxic relationships from your life.
- Self-discovery. This should be a constant. You are continuously changing and growing – stay close to that.
- Know when you need to rest and recharge.
- Make sure you are adding joy and meaning to your life. This means making time for your hobbies and things you love.
- Learn how to relax and de-stress. Don’t allow yourself to stay wound up for too long. Find something that lets you release stress.
- Get your finances in order. Practice good financial health and build security for yourself.
- Hold yourself accountable. For your goals, for you to-do’s – of taking care of yourself. Make yourself a priority and stick to it.
- Take your time in making big decisions. Don’t rush yourself. Do the research, think it through.
I get it, not all of this stuff is easy. It takes practice. Sometimes, a lot of practice.