Earlier this week I was approached to participate in a campaign called ‘Resistance of a Different Kind’. It is a campaign with a vision to spread gratitude and joy to fight back against the negativity and challenges we are faced with in today’s world. I absolutely love this approach. It disengages from the violence and hate that we unfortunately see so often on our social media channels, our news stations and hear in the conversations among us. Instead it helps us refocus on the positive things in our lives, the things we are blessed for. Feeling inspired by this campaign I was motivated to launch a 12 weeks of Gratitude campaign myself. How often are we truly sitting down and reminding ourselves of all the things we are thankful for? Did you know that studies have shown that when we focus more on what we’re grateful it boosts our happiness levels? It helps us move forward in leaping strides and go after our dreams with more confidence and positivity. It helps us manage stress levels better…the benefits go on. So with all these thoughts I thought it was time I put myself back in that routine. Each week I’ll be sharing something I’m grateful for (and I hope you’ll join in too!). Check the post each Monday to see my updates and share your comments for what you’re thankful for that week! And also make sure to stop by and say hi to Katie from 52beautifulthings.com for more inspiration!
- I’m thankful to have a roof over my head every night.
- My friends and family that bring smiles to my days.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime – yeah I know this one is pretty materialistic but I love having the freedom to watch what I want to watch when I want to watch it. I’m a happy girl curling up with my laptop and a good movie!
- Yoga and Meditation.
- An opportunity in every situation.
- My son.
- The amazing bloggers and lady boss tribes out there! I mean when you need a pump of motivation or need help working through a stumble, these ladies are on it! So much support and inspiration!