With the thought of bananas – tagging my Power Food post from earlier this week – Power Food – Bananas – this week’s #tbt post is my Grandma’s Banana Bread Recipe – I posted it publicly about 2 years ago after much debate about letting this cat out of the bag, but over the last several years I’ve learned that we’re here to share our joy with others (I’m awfully dramatic about banana bread aren’t I!)
Grandma Bell’s Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cream together shortening, sugar, and bananas.
- Add egg and beat.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Gently stir in dry ingredients mixture alternating with milk.
- Pour in loaf pan (I grease mine so the bread slides out easier).
- Bake at 350degrees about an hour.