Time is ticking…I’m feeling the pressure. I feel the anxiety creeping up, “Christmas is so close, I still have so much to do!” But this year, I’m not letting that get the best of me, no Bah-Humbugs here!
My top 5 tips for keeping your cool when Christmas is so close:
- Breathe. It’ll all get done. Christmas is about time with loved ones, not checking off the to-do list. If you run out of time, get creative. Don’t have your best friend’s gift quite together yet? Schedule your best buds wine & gift swap for the week after Christmas. It still counts!
- Spread your tasks out over the next few days. Still have all your gifts to wrap? Wrap some each night instead of pulling an all-nighter. Don’t burn yourself out trying to catch up.
- Remember it doesn’t have to be perfect to be magical. No time to bake cookies this year? Stop by a local bakery and pick up some sweet treats.
- Don’t wait until last minute to do your grocery shopping for Christmas Dinner. Go a few days before Christmas. And make a list of what you need before you go. Going early, you’ll miss the stressed-out, crazy last minute shoppers on Christmas Eve plus you’ve given yourself a few extra days cushion in case you forgot the hot cocoa for Christmas Eve cuddles.
- Take a moment each day to think of what you’re thankful for and why the holidays are meaningful. This will help keep your mind positive and focused on the true meaning of Christmas.
Christmas is a time to celebrate love, family, and friends. It is a time for us to all get together and celebrate all that we have together. Don’t allow the busyness of that the holidays bring shadow that truth. Keep it cool and together this year so that you can truly enjoy the spirit of the holidays.
Photo Credit: Anthony Machcinski https://www.facebook.com/PhotoByChinski/?fref=ts