With warmer weather in the forecast, Spring finally here, I have been starting to crave those tropical feeling foods. When I was younger, I wouldn’t touch an avocado, fast forward to today and they are one of my favorite foods. Packed with super benefits, tasty, and a great combo to most dishes, avocados have become a staple in my diet.
Avocados are considered a SuperFood because of how high they are in nutrients and studies continue to find new health benefits of it.
- High in healthy fats
- Contain no Cholesterol or Sodium
- Low in Saturated Fats
- High in Fiber
- High in Nutrients – Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin B5, Folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Potassium (contains more than in a Banana)
- Also contain Magnesium, Manganese, Iron, Copper, Zinc, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), and B3 (Niacin)
- Shown to help lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels
- High in antioxidants
- Some studies show it has anti-swelling properties that can help reduce symptoms of arthritis
- Avocados are a great addition to salads
- Make for a great toast
- Can be an uplifting snack
- And…well um guac…yum!
Recipes to Try:
* Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a medical professional. These are healthy suggestions based solely on personal experiences, personal opinions, and light research.