Wow, feeling completely humbled by this nomination. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by life and have been off-kilter and out of routine with my blogging for a couple of months. Honestly, with the lack of attention of been able to give my blog I was feeling a bit lack-luster, limited on passion for life. Receiving this nomination from Split the Night gave me back the spark. It filled me with motivation and hope again. Gave me the reminder that life will not always be this chaotic and the push to get back to it. So here I am. Thank goodness. I’ve missed you blogging world! If you need some inspirational reading definitely visit Split the Night – there’s a little bit of tid bits for all areas of your life <3
Life will have its crazy moments but I am a true advocate that we must keep moving. When we become stale, that is when we feel stuck. If I’m feeling in a dark place, I search for lights. I find and create the inspiration I need. There is a deep burning inside of me that screams that I am meant for more and that keeps me going. Follow your heart and your soul and you will always find your way.
So onward to the award!
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
My Questions from Split the Night:
- Too wet or too dry? Definitely too wet. I can’t handle sticky or slimy.
- If you could choose to live in any time period, which would you choose? This is a tough one. I could see myself time hopping – can I go with that? I think it’d be fun to attend a party in the Roaring 20’s but would love to visit the Renaissance Period too. And well I kind of still miss the 90’s.
- Main course or dessert? I’m a main course gal. I favor savory over sweet. Unless it’s a Chocolate Torte then let’s flip the choice.
- Are you more curious about what’s in the deepest part of the ocean or outer space? Being that I’m part mermaid I have to go with the ocean. I love water. I was born by the bay so I think the salt water air is forever part of my make up.
- Have you ever tried to bake a cake from those 2-minute videos that make it look really easy but then it wasn’t? Nope. I can’t fathom the process so I’m not even going to try. If it looks that easy it surely is not.
- What’s the most useless thing you have ever bought? I thought really hard on this one and I just couldn’t think of anything. I’m a pretty resourceful thinker so I can find a reason or need for just about anything. It’s kind of like I’m accepting a challenge, “Have no need for this – oh I’ll find something to use it for!”
- Would you rather travel to sunny beaches or interesting cities? It depends on the day. I’m a really eclectic person so I like both adventures.
- What skill do you want the most to possess? I would really like to be able to read people’s minds. It would save so much time.
- Have you ever done something and then instantly regretted it? All the time. I’m super self-critical. It’s something I’m working on.
- Is there something you think needs to be invented? Yes, definitely. I would (need) some kind of device that transmits my thoughts and ideas to a file/computer type thing. Like I have a thought and if I can’t get it written down quick enough then it evolves into a new thought. My brain is constantly going. I would settle for someone to follow me around and transcribe at least as a start.
- What was the best decision you have ever made? To date my best friend (current relationship). I know it’s cliche’ and I am definitely not the usual mushy gushy type. But I’m glad I gave it and him a chance. This has been a healthy relationship and it feels easy and comfy to live in this little Rom Com I got going on. We just vibe.
11 Facts About Me:
- I have so many ideas and projects and initiatives that I actually need to be managed by other people – like a band manager but instead for my businesses and adventures.
- If I could figure out a sustainable way to have a pet elephant I would.
- I dream of living a more homestead life where I even make my own ketchup.
- My power color is cobalt blue.
- Relaxing is something that is really hard for me to do.
- When my son said his first curse word (he was pretty little so definitely was picked up somewhere), I told him you had to be a certain height to use words like that. #parentingaward
- Sometimes I growl to express my feelings. In fairness, I was an only child that grew up with 14 Siberian Huskies.
- I believe that sitting down with a cup of hot tea is the first step to solving any problem.
- I took that heritage DNA test and learned that I’m a lot of Swiss.
- My favorite food is Thai.
- I’ve started college three times and quit all three times.
Chloe from Nyxie’s Nook
Brita from Belle Brita
Nikki from LoveMeTreatMe
Davis from Everything Starts With Tea
Erica from The Prepping Wife
Francesca from Gluten Free Horizons
Vanessa from The Wellbeing Blogger
KC from Live the Frugal Life
Ruth from That Autistic Fit Chick
Zuri from Absolutely True Confessions
My Questions for the Nominees:
- If you were to be a color, what color would you be?
- Tea or Coffee?
- Let’s say you had to relocate from the country you live in now, where would you go?
- If you were given a whole lot of money (and I mean a whole lot) but you would die in five years after receiving it, would you take the offer?
- What are your top three favorite movies?
- How do you feel about people that chew loudly?
- What is your dream car?
- Name a recipe from your childhood.
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- Share your favorite most cheesy pick up line.
- Give yourself a nickname, what would it be?
Now that you’ve been nominated:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Write a small post about what motivates you in life.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger that nominated you.
- Include 11 fun facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers (but if they are super deserving or you don’t really know their blog following still nominate them. But try to keep it small, this is about blogs being discovered).
- Create 11 creative and unique questions for your nominees.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.