I am a big believer in surrounding yourself with inspiration and motivation. Some days we need a little push to get us through the day. Social media has had a huge impact on what we are surrounded by, unfortunately, sometimes it can inundate us with negativity but we can take control of it to help skew what we interact with on a daily basis.
- Unfollow folks on social media that are constantly posting negativity.
- Limit how much you watch the news. It’s important to stay up to date on what’s happening in the world and in your community but manage how often you’re taking it in. Choose one time per day to watch/read the news.
- Control how you are obtaining the news. Focus on using reliable media companies to get your news versus taking it in on social media sites. If you see something on social media, research for a fact-filled story to follow up on what you saw.
- Express how you are feeling about the negativity you came in contact with. If it was something on the news that hit you hard, sit and write a list of what you can do to make a positive impact in response to it. If it was a negative situation you were involved in, take some time to journal and work through your feelings.
- Shift the scales and add more positive posts and images into your social media feed. Follow inspirational accounts and motivational hashtags.