Happy Self Care Sunday! If you’re new to the series, you can check out more details about it here. This week I’ll be sharing my self-care Sunday ritual with you all!
So, there is definitely a sound reason why Sundays are my favorite days of the week. I love these days so much that they even kick out those “ugh, tomorrow is Monday” feelings. (Saturday is definitely my second favorite day of the week though).
Why I Love Sundays
Sundays are my “me” days. It is the one day of the week I make it all about myself. Now that doesn’t mean I transform into some kind of monster-like-diva. It means that this is the day when I pump up my self-care and I follow my Sunday ritual so that I can feel revived for the new week ahead. I have spent the past few years perfecting this ritual – now this is my ritual so feel free to steal but adjust to fit your life, your needs, and your desires folks!
I tried to make this into a fun acronym out it but all I got was this: RECCCRRISP – which I guess I could try and squeeze into RECRISP!!!
So, let’s RECRISP!
My 10 Step Self-Care Sunday Ritual
- Release – I like to kick my Sundays off with releasing some of the stress from the week and clearing out my emotions and mind. I do this through my painting.
- Enlighten – This is my reading time. I always spend a little time on Sundays getting in some personal development reading. Currently on my dresser sits ‘The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck’ and ‘Failing Forward’.
- Clean – I spend some time tidying up and this is typically my laundry day too.
- Clear – This isn’t so much about clearing physical space but more about clearing my mental and emotional space. Meditation and Yoga practice helps me get to where I need to be.
- Connect – Self-care isn’t all just about being alone and with ourselves. It’s also about feeling connected to the outside world in positive ways. By habit, I tend to be a bit of a hermit so I make myself reach out to a friend or family member just to say hi and connect each week. This is a healthy practice to do!
- Relax – I have been getting better at designating some “lazy time” for myself. I’m one of those always working kind of gals and well it’s not healthy to put it frankly. Even if it’s just a couple of hours a week, I make myself kick my feet up and turn my brain off and veg out! My Roku has become one of my best friends for this!
- Reflect – I am a big reflecting kind of gal. How can you truly learn and grow if you don’t take time to reflect on the lessons? Every Sunday, I spend time journaling about my previous week and how I’m feeling about where I’m at in my journey. Sometimes they’re long entries, sometimes they’re short. There are no rules on reflecting with yourself.
- Indulge – You gotta give in to your guilty pleasures sometimes! I find a balance in the sweet treats with Kodiak Double Dark Chocolate High Protein Muffins – Ummm, yummy!
- Spoil – I don’t hold back on Sundays. Pamper, pamper, pamper! I pump up my beauty routine with a luscious facial mask and hair mask. It’s more than just spa treatment for me, it’s extra care for my skin.
- Prepare – Last but definitely not least, I prep for the week ahead. I spend some time reviewing my schedule, writing out my tasks and to-dos for the week. I use my Desire Map Planner to make sure my plan is aligning with my soul and heart.
What’s Coming Up Next Week
Next week, Nikki will be chatting with us about some awesome self-care practices to celebrate Earth Day! Make sure to stop by her blog to check out her posts from the week like her Monday Motivation posts!
And of course, it wouldn’t be the first Sunday of the month without April’s self-care and self-love blog posts round up! Here are some other great reads to help you kick your butt in gear with better self-care.
April’s Self Care Blog Posts Round-Up
Thank you so much to all the awesome bloggers that contributed to this month’s round-up! I love reading all your inspiring and motivating posts!
*This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. An affiliate link means I may receive a payment if you make a purchase through my link, without any extra cost to you. For more information about my disclosures and policies please visit my Legal & Privacy Policies. Thank you for your support so I can keep Do Five Things A Day rocking <3