We all have those days, those days we’re feeling down. The days that we just can’t quite feel enough, or maybe you’re just so emotionally or physically drained that you just can’t take anything else on. It’s okay to have these days, it’s natural to have these days…these are signs that we need to take some time to rejuvenate, to refresh our spirits. Take the time and do something that will uplift your spirits.
- Read – Immerse yourself into a fantasy. Take a vacation from reality and dream. This can release your mind from the things troubling you. A relaxed mind can handle the challenges you are facing must easier than a tense mind.
- Take a Hot Bath – Allow your body and your mind to relax. Add essential oils to help alleviate your stress.
- Aromatherapy – Certain scents have been proving to have positive effects on our moods. Use a fresh, citrus scent to boost your mood.
- Write – Let it out, whether you write in story form or into your journal, writing can help you let go of the bad feelings you have inside of you.
- Take a Walk or Go for a Run – Exercise releases endorphins which will improve your mood and respond to stress better.
- Meditate – Meditation has proven to have several benefits including clearing your mind, calming the body, and overall helping you feel better.
- Take a Nap – Sometimes you just need to sleep it off. If I am feeling particularly stressed or sad I find that a nap can be my best medicine. It slows me down and takes me away from the world for a bit to work through things.
- Spend Time With Friends – Go seek time with your support group, talk it out or just have a good laugh.
- Watch a Movie – It may seem silly because it is usually a made-up story but sometimes the best inspiration or idea to solve a problem can be found in the most unusual places. Or a good comedy can get you laughing, or a scary movie can make you forget your worries. It’s a great chill activity.
- Call Your Mom (or Your Dad… or Grandparents…) – Call a family member, let them remind you that you are loved. Let them share their wisdom with you. This can be a safe place to talk or to cry if you need to. I always feel better after chatting with my mom.
Whatever it may be, when you’re having a rough day, find something to make you smile. A smile can give you all the strength you need to keep going.